PAHBA – information
The association was established on January 4th, 1997 by breeders from the State Studs of Janów Podlaski, Michałów, Kurozwęki and Białka, as well as by private Arabian horse breeders. Its seat was chosen in Janów Podlaski Stud.
In order to carry out its mission the PAHBA:
- provides information about breedings to the best sires from the most valuable Polish lines;
- offers advice and consulting in regard to breeding, veterinary issues and breeding documentation with the help of superb Polish experts;
- organizes seminars, courses and practical training.
The PAHBA is the largest association encompassing amateurs/enthusiasts and breeders of Arabian horses in Poland. As of March 5th, 2019 the association included:
- 87 regular members
- 3 honorary members (1 foreign)
- 4 supporting members (the State Studs of Janów Podlaski, Michałów and Białka, as well as Polturf company)
PAHBA is a registered association
The Statute of the PAHBA can be downloaded here:
The General Assembly of the PAHBA takes places each year in the spring. In 2019 it was held on the 2-3th of March. These meetings are hosted by Janów Podlaski and Janów Podlaski Stud.
The current board was elected during XXIII General Assembly on March 2th, 2019:
- President – Krzysztof Poszepczyński
- Vice President- Longin Błachut
- Marek Błaszkiewicz
- Paweł Lis
- Łukasz Goździalski
- Chairman - Witold Piotrowski
- Monika Szpura
- Marek Tul
- Chairman - Andrzej Szalkowski
- Danuta Jaskółka - Grylewicz
Pursuant to the resolution unanimously adopted at the 15th General Assembly of the PAHBA in 2011 Mrs. Izabella Pawelec-Zawadzka was an Honorary President of the PAHBA. She passed away in March of 2015.
The first Honorary President of the PAHBA was Andrzej Krzyształowicz - a retired director of Janów Podlaski Stud, who held this position until his death on September 19th, 1998. During the 3rd Assembly in 1999 the association bestowed the function of Honorary President to Ignacy Jaworowski, a retired director of Michałów Stud. Since Director Jaworowski's death on September 18th, 2004 the PAHBA remained without an Honorary President until the General Assembly in 2011.
Conditions of membership
In order to join the PAHBA a recommendation from three regular members is required, as well as a filled out membership declaration, sent to association's seat address. Such an application for membership will be viewed by the PAHBA Board.
Bank account of the PAHBA
- bank and account number:
Bank Spółdzielczy, Biała Podlaska
93 8025 0007 0026 2525 2000 0010
Polski Związek Hodowców Koni Arabskich (PAHBA)
Stadnina Koni Janów Podlaski Sp. z o.o.
21-505 Janów Podlaski, POLAND
- registration fee: 750 zł
- annual fee (from 01.01.2018): 250 zł
Members of the association can purchase the PAHBA pin.