The Tulip Cup in the Ermelo, this year held on April 29-30th, begins the European show season in earnest. One of the judges was PAHBA member Tomasz Tarczyński.
The bronze medal of the senior stallions went to ELGAST (WH Justice - Elfera/Psytadel), bred and owned by Lech Błaszczyk. Elgast qualified for the finals from second place in class, behind the Janów-bred ETORYK (Om El Shahmaan - Etnologia/Gazal Al Shaqab), who was awarded with 3x20 for movement, but only the first of them managed to stand on the podium. Furthermore Elgast received the main cash prize (250 EUR) in this class for the best European bred and owned stallion.
The winner of the geldings championship was the Janów bred POSTAR (Om El Bellissimo - Pomerania/Gazal Al Shaqab), while victorious in the Liberty class was Michałów's gelding EMIRZO (Enzo - Emira/Laheeb) and right behind him - PERLINA (BE), daughter of Janów's Persenkówka.
Photo courtesy of Urszula Łęczycka
Sunday (30.04.2017) saw the Comet St. played out at the Służewiec Racetrack - a B category race for 4 year olds over 2000 m. The winner was the filly GUSA (Murhib - Gusmania/Status) bred by Magdalena Gromala.
Whereas last Thursday was the date of the first entries (16 horses) to the Arabian Derby (cat. A), which this year is scheduled for the 30th of July.
On Sunday the 2017 racing season commenced at the Służewiec Race Track in Warsaw. There were two races for Arabians.
The first, for 4 year olds and above (of the 3rd group) over 1800 m was won by the stallion EVERGONNATOUCHTHIS (Nivourgonnatouchthis – Elsana/Gafal) bred, owned and trained by Jan Głowacki.
The second race, Skowronek Stakes, for 5 year olds and above (of the 1st group) over 2000 m was won by the gelding BURKAN AL KHALEDIAH (SA) (Khalid El Biwaibiya – Rayyan/Bengali d’Albret) owned by Polska AKF, bringing a first time win for trainer Maciej Kacprzyk.
The title of Chilean National Senior Champion Stallion went this year to JAZEER DE WIEC (BR). This stallion has previously claimed the titles of Brazilian National Reserve (2010) and Brazilian National Champion (2011 & 2012) Junior Stallion. Jazeer's sire is the Michałów-bred DĘBOWIEC (Monogramm - Dębówka/Eternit), Brazilian National Senior Champion Stallion from 2006.
The organizers of the 6th Warsaw Arabian Horse Championships ARABIA POLSKA 2017, which will take place on the 23rd-24th of June, 2017 at the Buksza Polo & Riding Club in Góra Kalwaria, have provided information regarding the show's officials. Details can be found in the attached letter.
A summary of events from the 21st General Meeting of the Polish Arabian Horse Breeders Association, which took place on April 1st-2nd, 2017:
- the President of the PAHBA, Anna Stojanowska, resigned from her post. Jerzy Białobok also resigned from his post as a member of the Board. After 20 years of dedication and work for the Association since its inception in 1997 they made a decision in the interest of the PAHBA and its members. In the face of ostracism from the Authorities towards Anna Stojanowska and Jerzy Białobok their further presence on the Board could have a negative impact for the Association's development;
- also Tomasz Tarczyński resigned as a member of the Board;
- the General Meeting decided that until the end of the current term (for the next two years) the Board will function in a smaller, three person group. The remaining Board members: Krzysztof Poszepczyński and Piotr Podgórny, were joined b Przemysław Sawicki, who will act as President of the Association. Due to this Przemysław Sawicki resigned as a member of the Review Panel.
- during the course of the meeting Agnieszka Łępicka resigned as president of the Review Panel. During the meeting the Review Panel was joined by Witold Piotrowski.
- Marek Trela resigned as a member of the Review Panel on Monday, March 3rd, due to his permanent stay abroad and work.
- the PAHBA's accountant, Halina Panasiuk, also resigned from her post. All gathered thanked her for many years of hard work.
- the Board now faces many interesting challenges.
- dr Jan Samsel gave an interesting lecture on dentistry in horses.
- on Sunday, April 2nd, thanks to the kindness of the Janów Podlaski Stud Board, the Meeting's participants had the opportunity to view this year's crop and selected chief sires.