The PAHBA announces a collecting of offers for creating a design of statuettes/prizes which will in the future become the prevailing trophy at shows in Białka and Janów Podlaski. Please submit your offers by January 31st, 2016 in any written form, to the address of the PAHBA, preferably by email.
• 2015-12-21 •
PAHBA Board meeting highlights
Attached please find the highlights from the PAHBA Board meeting:
• 2015-12-14 •
The 2015 World Championships for Arabian Horses in Paris
Below please find the coverage from the 2015 World Championships in Paris.
• 2015-12-03 •
The 2016 Show Calendar in Poland
A meeting of the ECAHO Board and Show Committee took place on November 28th in Paris. One of the most important issues of the agenda was the approval of the Show Calendar for 2016. Poland will organize three shows:
1. The Junior Spring Show in Białka – B-national – 4-5th of June, 2016,
2. The Polish National Show in Janów Podlaski – national championship – 12-14th of August, 2016,
3. Al Khalediah European Arabian Horse Festival – B-international -19-20th of August, 2016.
Unfortunately the Buksza show will not take place this year, because the organizer, Buksza Polo & Riding Club, resigned from continuing the championships.
A full calendar of shows affiliated by ECAHO in 2016 will soon be available on the ECAHO website.
Soon we will also give the dates of the Polish Sport Championships for Arabian Horses, which similarly to last year will be organized at Michałów Stud and the European Sport Championships, which this time will take place in Holland.
• 2015-11-16 •
The 2015 European Championships in Verona
Published below is the coverage from the 2015 European Championships in Verona:
Last weekend, on the 24th and 25th of October, 2015 the Autumn Arabian Horse Sale was held in Janów Podlaski.
The exhibitors offered 51 horses, including 17 mares. Other horses offered in the sale where breeding sires, saddle horses, as well as racing prospects and geldings. Additionally Michałów and Białka studs offered their two year old colts for sale, available for viewing at home.
In total 21 horses were sold. The highest price, 16,200 Euro, was paid by a buyer of the mare El Medisa from Michałów. The lowest prices (1,000 Euro) were paid by buyers of geldings.
Breeders are definitely happy to be able to sell their breeding material and the buyers pleased with being able to inspect and compare the presented offer.
The auction was definitely a success.
• 2015-10-19 •
Yesterday Janów Podlaski Stud informed about the passing away of Pianissima (b. 2003, Gazal Al Shaqab - Pianosa/Eukaliptus), the highest decorated mare of Polish breeding and ownership, a double Polish National Champion and double European Triple Crown winner, US National Champion, Platinum World Champion and a champion from several Middle Eastern shows. History knows few equines that won every show they competed in. But Pianissima was that kind of horse. For breeders all over the world she will remain a legend and unsurpassed ideal. Her line will be continued at the home stud by her daughters.
• 2015-10-12 •
Conformation-type races for Arabian horses in the 2016 season
As racing training of Arabian horses is due to start soon, the PAHBA Board would like to inform that President Anna Stojanowska has received a letter from Totalizator Sportowy (the racing organzier), confirming the presence of conformation-type races in the 2016 racing plan.
• 2015-10-12 •
PAHBA Board meeting
On September 12th, 2015, during the European Arabian Horse Sports Championships in Janów Podlaski a meeting of the PAHBA board was held in the stud’s office at 9:00 PM. The participants included:
- Anna Stojanowska – President,
- Andrzej Wójtowicz – Vice-President,
- Jerzy Białobok – Member of the Board,
- Krzysztof Poszepczyński – Member of the Board,
- Katarzyna Wawiórko – Manager of the PAHBA office,
- Marek Trela – invited member of the PAHBA,
- Hanna Sztuka – invited member of the PAHBA.
The following agenda of the meeting was approved:
1. Approval of the agenda of the meeting.
2. A speech by Mrs. H. Sztuka on the participation in an educational contest.
3. Discussing the financial situation of the PAHBA.
4. The evaluation of the organization and carrying out of championships in Poland. Potential conclusions for organizers.
5. The stance of certain representatives of the PAHBA in the Polish Jockey Club in regard to the Board's resolutions and objectives of the breeding program.
6. A summary of launching the internet service (website).
7. Discussing matters regarding the PAHBA website and its further maintaining (history and achievements, translations, publishing current news). Cooperating with photographers for the publication of images.
8. An change of rules in the "Breeder of the Year" classification due to the cooperation agreement between ECAHO and AHO.
9. The organizing of a C-international show by PAHBA in 2016 for horses without titles.
10. Discussing the proposition of visiting studs in a given area, for example the Mazovia region, this autumn.
11. ARABY Magazine - the publication's current status.
12. Membership declaration - the applications of Mrs. Agnieszka Łępicka.
13. Other matters and motions.
The summary of the minutes from the Board meeting will be presented at a later date.