During the Bandos St. (B cat), a race for 4 year old Arabian colts and fillies over 2,400 m, Polish breeding had yield to foreign-bred horses. The first to cross the wire was the French TEFKIR (Njewman – Djourella/Kerbella), owned by Z. Górski, behind him was the Swedish GAZELLO (Nougatin – Gordaia/Damask) and third - the Russian PROPOVEDNIK SIVER (Duglas – Prepona/Prikaz). Polish-bred horses - ESTARION (Ontario HF – Esteria/Pamir) and SERGIO (Sabat – Salara/Borek) - took fourth and fifth place, respectively.
That same the Errlis Prize for 3 year old Arabian horses of the 1st group over 1,600 m was won by the Polish0bred SHANNON QUEEN - by the French Ainhoa St Faust, but out of Sasanka Fata, a mare descending from the famous racing "S" damline of Janów Podlaski. She bested two French colts: JASER (Akim de Ducor – Membola/Barkas) and ZAHAAB (Mahabb – Madone de Piboul/Dormane).
More Saturday racing results on www.torsluzewiec.pl
1. The PAHBA would like to inform that the Polish National Arabian Sport Championships, planned to be held on the 18-19th of June at Michałów Stud and recently cancelled due to an insufficient number of entries, will take place at a later time, which will probably be in September. We will inform you as soon as the new date is set.
2. The PAHBA plans on organizing a Judges Course (of a national level). Many years have passed since the last course and the time has come, supported by many voices from our community, to prepare another group of young judges. The course will take place in September of this year, on the premises of the Cracow Horse Racetrack. We will inform you immediately when the date will be known.
3. An Arabian Horse Festival is planned for the 10-11th of September, 2016. The event will be held on the grounds of the Cracow Horse Racetrack and will include an Arabian Horse Show (works are currently under way to obtain ECAHO affiliation) and a Race Day. More details, as well as the show's rules and conditions will be announced soon.
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
The organizers of the 8th Polish National Arabian Horse Sport Championships announce with deep regret that the event scheduled to take place on the 18-19th of June is cancelled due to an insufficient number of entries.
On behalf of the organizers,
President of the 1st Regiment of Mounted Riflemen Riding Club in Michałów
The organizer of the Arabia-Polska Warsaw Championships (24-25th of June) would like to remind that the entry deadline for the show is June 10th.
The entry form can be found here (scroll down to page 4 for the entry form in English).
Today in Białka the two and three year old fillies classes were held, as well as the finals.
Altogether over two days a total of 119 horses were presented out of the 130 entered.
The Best in Show title went to Michałów's Pustynia Kahila.
Detailed results can be found here.
June 15th is the deadline for entering horses into the 1st All-Polish Arabian Horse Championship - Radom 2016 (9-10th of July, Radom-Piastów sports airfield). The show is organized under the honorary patronage of the President of the city of Radom.
The show, dedicated to Arabian horses registered in the PASB, is not affiliated, but will be held in accordance with ECAHO rules. A novelty in the case of Polish shows is a contest for foals. There will be four finals: two for juniors and two for seniors. The show will be judged by: Klaus Beste (Germany), Albert Sorroca (Spain) and James Swaenepoel (Belgium).
Medalists and class top five finalists will receive prize money. The highest prize will go to the Best in Show (15 thousand PLN). The remaining prizes are: 5 thousand PLN for each gold medal, 3 thousand PLN for each silver medal and one thousand PLN for each bronze. A victory in class will bring 1,200 PLN, second place - 800 PLN and places third to fifth - 400 PLN. The foal classes will award 2,000 PLN for first place (which will at the same time mean a gold medal), a thousand PLN for second place and 500 PLN for places from third to fifth.
The entry fee is 400 PLN (200 PLN for the registration and 200 PLN for a stall).
Entries can be sent by email to: email@example.com
It's the end of the month and time for a quick summary of Polish mentions at other shows that took place in May.
At the Jordanian National Show (12-13.05) the yearling SS SADDAM (IT) bearing a pure Polish pedigree (Empire - Farah-Darina) placed second in his class, whereas the mare MUAYADAH (JO) out of the Michałów-bred Elwirena came in fifth in the 10-14 year old mares class.
The L'Arte del Cavallo in Italy (14-15.05) saw the mare EXPOSITA E.A. (BE) out of Białka's Ekina place third in the 4-6 year old mare class, with the mare HS SANTA FE (GB) by the Michałów sire Ferryt ending up fifth in the 8 years old and above category.
On that same weekend (14-15.05) the XXII Arabes&Co. show took place in Spain. Here victorious in the yearling fillies class - and later the winner of the yearling gold champion mare title - was KONOUZ ALBIDAYER (FR) out of Michałów's Ebla. In the two year old fillies class the fifth place belonged to the daughter of Pogrom, AINHOA MA PTIT FOLIE (FR). The mare AURA E.A. (ES) out of Janów's Arabeska secured second spot in the 7-10 year old mares class. In the 4-6 year old mares category the mare JOSEPH'S WAKITA (FR), bearing a pure-Falborek Arabians pedigree (Altis - Wares) placed third, whereas the stallion DZHARI NUNKI (FR) by the Bełżyce-bred sire Piwosz was not only second in his 4-6 year olds class, but also claimed the senior silver champion title.
Among the Arabian races that took place this past weekend at the Warsaw Służewiec track it is worth noting the results of the El Paso St. (a 1st group race), Ofir St. (an A cat. race) and the conformation race.
28th of May (Saturday)
Conformation race for 3 year old Arabian fillies (group II)
1. MASCARA (Wadi Nur - Mamba/Ar-Rahman) – bred and owned by PPH Parys sp. z o.o., trained by M. Łojek
2. BINT MIRA CETI (Amarant - Bint Madonah/Eldon)
3. HANECZKA (Amarant - Herma/Millennium)
4. FORMISS (Esparto - Formia/Gazal Al Shaqab)
5. EXPRESSJA TV (El Omari - El Medina/Gazal Al Shaqab)
Conformation races are eligible for horses whose male ancestors fulfil the required criteria. In this case the criteria are met the following way:
- the sire of the victorious Mascara, Wadi Nur, is a son of World Champion Gazal Al Shaqab
- the sire of Bint Mira Ceri and Haneczka, Amarant, is a son of Batyskaf (Polish National Champion) and a grandson of Pamir (Polish National Champion and World Cup Champion)
- the sire of Formiss, Esparto, is a Polish National Champion. He is furthermore the son of World Champion Ekstern.
- the sire of Expressja TV, El Omari, is a son of US National Champion Enzo.
28th of May (Saturday)
El Paso St. – a handicap race for 4 year old and older Arabian horses (group I)
1. FARHA (Nougatin - Folia/Pers) – bred by M. Stelmaszczyk and owned by M. Stelmaszczyk & M. Wnorowski, trained by M. Wnorowski
2. LB NAJ (GB) (Sambist - WFA Naeema/Vert Olive)
3. WIERZBIN (Gorec - Wiatka/Pamir)
4. SUAHILI (Vasyli Kossack - Sajra/Harbin)
5. HORACY (Adwokat - Hikma/Touwayssan)
29th of May (Sunday)
Ofir St. (A cat.) – an international race for 4 year old and older Arabian horses
1. ARASH (Akim De Ducor - Almina/Furiat) – bred and owned by Z. Górski, trained by M. Janikowski
2. SZAKUR (Akbars - Sulima z Reguła/Etar)
3. ALLADYN (Von - Alba Longa/Ostragon)
4. USSAM DE CARRERE (FR) (Njewman - Assada El Baraka/Mad Oua)
5. MUFID (Akbars - Mukata Fata/KA Czubuthan)
More details and other Arabian race results can be found here: