Today the World Championships in Paris came to an end. Polish-bred horses won two silver medals (Equator - senior stallions, Fuerte - junior stallions) and five Top Ten titles (Galerida, Potentilla, Emandilla - senior mares, Morion, Kabsztad - senior stallions).
The award for Best Movement among males went to EQUATOR. Chosen as best sire of the show was WH JUSTICE. While the Platinum Championship this year was awarded to GAZAL AL SHAQAB.
Results of Polish horses in classes:
Senior mares (3A):
3rd Galerida (Shanghai EA - Galilea) B: Michałów/O: Al Baydaa Stud
5th Potentilla (Ekstern - Panonia) B/O: Janów Podlaski
Senior mares (3B):
5th Emandilla (Om El Shahmaan - Espadrilla) B/O: Michałów
Junior stallions (5B):
2nd Fuerte (Ekstern - Frymuszka) B: J. Dobrzyński/O: Abhaa Arabians
Senior stallions (6A):
2nd Equator (QR Marc - Ekliptyka) B/O: Michałów
5th Morion (Kahil Al Shaqab - Mesalina) B: Michałów/O: Al Thumama Stud
Senior stallions (6B):
3rd Kabsztad (Poganin - Kwestura) B/O: Michałów
At a press conference held in the UAE capital on the 8th of November 2017, Ms. Lara Sawaya, Executive Director of the HH Sheikh Mansoor Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Global Arabian Horse Flat Racing Festival, announced that the race in China will be one of the highlights of 2018.
“The calendar year of 2018 is significant as it marks the 10th year of the Festival and 100th anniversary of Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan,” she said. “Several Purebred Arabian horses have already been acquired by the Chinese and are currently being trained in Poland. They will move to China for the first-ever Arabian horse race. This is a huge success for the Festival as we want to take Purebred Arabian racing to countries that do not have them.”
On Sunday the Criterium St. (cat. A) for 3 year old and older Arabian horses over 2400 m was held at the Służewiec track in Warsaw. Victorious was the only 3 year old in this group, FAZZA AL KHALEDIAH (FR), owned by Polska AKF, with Natalia Hendzel in the irons, trained by Michał Borkowski, who outdid the rest of the competition by 17 lengths. The second horse to cross the wire, BURKAN AL KHALEDIAH (SA), is also owned by Polska AKF.
Criterium St. (cat. A) for 3 year old and older Arabian horses, 2400 m
1. Fazza Al Khalediah(FR) 3 yo (Jalnar Al Khalediah – Assma Al Khalediah/Amer or.ar.)
2. Burkan Al Khalediah (SA) 8yo (Khalid El Biwaibiya – Rayyan/Bengali d’Albret)
3. Bandolero 4 yo (Portmer – Botura/Samsheik)
4. Shahad Athbah (GB) 5yo (Amer or.ar. – Kolver/Vert Olive)
4. Shannon Queen 4yo (Ainhoa St. Faust – Sasanka Fata/Sam Tiki)
During the European Championships taking place in Verona this weekend Polish-bred horses were awarded with three medals: FUERTE - silver junior stallion, PUSTYNIA KAHILA - silver senior mare, EKSPULSJA - bronze senior mare, and the highest scored mares of the show were PUSTYNIA KAHILA and EKSPULSJA (467 pts, ex aequo). Furthermore Polish strongly marked their presence during the finals: PSYCHE OFELIA - 6th (yearling mare championship), BAMBINA - 4th, EMANOLLA - 5th (junior mare championship), PEPITA - 4th (senior mare championship), KABSZTAD - 5th, PSYCHE KERET - 6th (senior stallion championship).
The class top fives included:
Yearling fillies A:
2nd WADELIA (FR) (Pogrom - Wróżka/Ganges) B/O: Lutetia Arabians
5th FRAZZA (Vitorio TO - Foggia/Gazal Al Shaqab) B/O: SK Michałów
Yearling fillies B:
3rd PSYCHE OFELIA (Echo Adonis - Psyche Kreuza/Ekstern) B/O: SK Chrcynno-Pałac
4th EMDRONA (Medalion - Elgora/Poganin) B/O: SK Michałów
Two year old fillies:
2nd EMANOLLA (Vitorio TO - Emandoria/Gazal Al Shaqab) B/O: SK Michałów
5th PAMINA (Pogrom - Pianissima/Gazal Al Shaqab) B/O: SK Janów Podlaski
Two year old colts:
4th EL SHAAD (FA El Shawan - El Estrada/Justify) B/O: J. Pietrzak
Three year old fillies:
2nd BAMBINA (Kahil Al Shaqab - Bellisa/Poganin) B/O: SK Janów Podlaski
Three year old colts:
2nd FUERTE (Shanghai EA - Frymuszka/Ekstern) B: J.Dobrzyński/O: Sami Ben Saad
4-6 year old mares:
1st PUSTYNIA KAHILA (Kahil Al Shaqab - Pustynna Malwa/Ekstern) B/O: SK Michałów
3rd EMANDORISSA (Abha Qatar - Emanda/Ecaho) B/O: SK Michałów
7-9 year old mares:
1st PILAROSA (Al Adeed Al Shaqab - Pilar/Fawor) B/O: SK Janów Podlaski
Mares 10 years old and above:
1st EKSPULSJA (Gazal Al Shaqab - Elandra/Monogramm) B: SK Michałów/O: Halsdon Stud
2nd PEPITA (Ekstern - Pepesza/Eukaliptus) B: SK Janów Podlaski/O: Ali Fali Stud
3rd ALTAMIRA (Ekstern - Altona/Eukaliptus) B: SK Janów Podlaski/O: Halsdon Stud
4-6 year old stallions:
3rd PSYCHE KERET (Khidar - Psyche Victoria/Ekstern) B/O: SK Chrcynno Pałac
5th MORION (Kahil Al Shaqab - Mesalina/Ekstern) B/O: SK Michałów
Stallions 10 years old and above::
1st KABSZTAD (Poganin - Kwestura/Monogramm) B/O: SK Michałów
On October 17th, 2017 Nasr Marei has passed away. Breeder, judge and expert on the Arabian horse. A Life Member of WAHO and Executive Committee member of ECAHO. Breeder of many successful horses from his Al Badeia Stud, including Gelgelah Albadeia, 2003 World Champion Mare, the first Egyptian horse to win this title. Nasr Marei was a frequent judge at the Polish Nationals, the last time in 2008.
The PAHBA Extraordinary General Meeting was held at the Zamek Biskupi Hotel in Janów Podlaski on October 14th, 2017. The most important matters were as follows:
1. Election of board members. Chosen as President was Krzysztof Poszepczyński (44 votes for, 5 withheld). Elected members of the board are: Marek Błaszkiewicz and Józef Pietrzak (37 votes each), Janusz Ryżkowski (30 votes) and Longin Błachut (29 votes) - the latter also chosen as Vice President of the PAHBA.
2. Election of the Audit Committee: Alicja Najmowicz and Przemysław Sawicki were elected.
3. A committee for changes in the statute was established with the following members: Przemysław Sawicki, Henryk Ćwiertniak, Jacek Ciepluch.
4. It was determined that in the new statute the seat of the association will be Janów Podlaski as a historic place, however the correspondence address will be determined depending on the loctaion of the office and accounting of the PAHBA.
5. In order to execute statutory objectives it was determined that:
- the registration fee until the end of 2017 will be 750 PLN and starting from 01.01.2018 will equal the triple annual fee,
- the annual fee from 01.01.2018 will be 250 PLN
- the Board will be able to partially or wholly exempt from the annual fee in a given year.
6. It was determined that the Breeder of the Year Award will be awarded according to the hitherto rules for horses bred by PAHBA members in the hitherto categories (Shows, Racing, Sport/Endurance), however a given horse may be chosen for evaluation only once.
7. PAHBA will promote all Arabian horse shows organized in Poland.
A day before the All Nations Cup in Aachen the show ring welcomed contestants of the Futurity Show, which showcases horses born out of breedings purchased at special stallion auctions. The mare ERALDA (Emerald J - Enezja/Marajj), bred by the Goździalski Family from Falborek Arabians, placed fourth in the championship and second in the public vote. A confirmation that Eralda is a living advertisement of her sire is the fact that her photo was published in Emerald J's profile in the stallion catalogue of Jadem Arabians.
On September 28th Arqana held a sale for Arabian race and endurance horses in St. Cloud (France). Out of the 112 horses offered 81 were sold. The highest sold horse turned out to be the 8 year old DJEDAHES (Dahess - Djesabelle/Dormane), owned by the Goździalski Family from Falborek Arabians. The mare was purchased by Emirates Blood Stock for 210 thousand Euro. The bidding of the second mare offered by the Goździalski Family, POURVOUS KOSSACK (Marwan I - Pengalia Kossack/Bengali d'Albret), also ended with a change of ownership.