Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
The organizers of the 8th Polish National Arabian Horse Sport Championships announce with deep regret that the event scheduled to take place on the 18-19th of June is cancelled due to an insufficient number of entries.
On behalf of the organizers,
President of the 1st Regiment of Mounted Riflemen Riding Club in Michałów
The organizer of the Arabia-Polska Warsaw Championships (24-25th of June) would like to remind that the entry deadline for the show is June 10th.
The entry form can be found here (scroll down to page 4 for the entry form in English).
Today in Białka the two and three year old fillies classes were held, as well as the finals.
Altogether over two days a total of 119 horses were presented out of the 130 entered.
The Best in Show title went to Michałów's Pustynia Kahila.
Detailed results can be found here.
The Junior Show in Białka begins tomorrow!
The schedule of the various age categories can be found here.
June 15th is the deadline for entering horses into the 1st All-Polish Arabian Horse Championship - Radom 2016 (9-10th of July, Radom-Piastów sports airfield). The show is organized under the honorary patronage of the President of the city of Radom.
The show, dedicated to Arabian horses registered in the PASB, is not affiliated, but will be held in accordance with ECAHO rules. A novelty in the case of Polish shows is a contest for foals. There will be four finals: two for juniors and two for seniors. The show will be judged by: Klaus Beste (Germany), Albert Sorroca (Spain) and James Swaenepoel (Belgium).
Medalists and class top five finalists will receive prize money. The highest prize will go to the Best in Show (15 thousand PLN). The remaining prizes are: 5 thousand PLN for each gold medal, 3 thousand PLN for each silver medal and one thousand PLN for each bronze. A victory in class will bring 1,200 PLN, second place - 800 PLN and places third to fifth - 400 PLN. The foal classes will award 2,000 PLN for first place (which will at the same time mean a gold medal), a thousand PLN for second place and 500 PLN for places from third to fifth.
The entry fee is 400 PLN (200 PLN for the registration and 200 PLN for a stall).
Entries can be sent by email to: email@example.com
It's the end of the month and time for a quick summary of Polish mentions at other shows that took place in May.
At the Jordanian National Show (12-13.05) the yearling SS SADDAM (IT) bearing a pure Polish pedigree (Empire - Farah-Darina) placed second in his class, whereas the mare MUAYADAH (JO) out of the Michałów-bred Elwirena came in fifth in the 10-14 year old mares class.
The L'Arte del Cavallo in Italy (14-15.05) saw the mare EXPOSITA E.A. (BE) out of Białka's Ekina place third in the 4-6 year old mare class, with the mare HS SANTA FE (GB) by the Michałów sire Ferryt ending up fifth in the 8 years old and above category.
On that same weekend (14-15.05) the XXII Arabes&Co. show took place in Spain. Here victorious in the yearling fillies class - and later the winner of the yearling gold champion mare title - was KONOUZ ALBIDAYER (FR) out of Michałów's Ebla. In the two year old fillies class the fifth place belonged to the daughter of Pogrom, AINHOA MA PTIT FOLIE (FR). The mare AURA E.A. (ES) out of Janów's Arabeska secured second spot in the 7-10 year old mares class. In the 4-6 year old mares category the mare JOSEPH'S WAKITA (FR), bearing a pure-Falborek Arabians pedigree (Altis - Wares) placed third, whereas the stallion DZHARI NUNKI (FR) by the Bełżyce-bred sire Piwosz was not only second in his 4-6 year olds class, but also claimed the senior silver champion title.
Among the Arabian races that took place this past weekend at the Warsaw Służewiec track it is worth noting the results of the El Paso St. (a 1st group race), Ofir St. (an A cat. race) and the conformation race.
28th of May (Saturday)
Conformation race for 3 year old Arabian fillies (group II)
1. MASCARA (Wadi Nur - Mamba/Ar-Rahman) – bred and owned by PPH Parys sp. z o.o., trained by M. Łojek
2. BINT MIRA CETI (Amarant - Bint Madonah/Eldon)
3. HANECZKA (Amarant - Herma/Millennium)
4. FORMISS (Esparto - Formia/Gazal Al Shaqab)
5. EXPRESSJA TV (El Omari - El Medina/Gazal Al Shaqab)
Conformation races are eligible for horses whose male ancestors fulfil the required criteria. In this case the criteria are met the following way:
- the sire of the victorious Mascara, Wadi Nur, is a son of World Champion Gazal Al Shaqab
- the sire of Bint Mira Ceri and Haneczka, Amarant, is a son of Batyskaf (Polish National Champion) and a grandson of Pamir (Polish National Champion and World Cup Champion)
- the sire of Formiss, Esparto, is a Polish National Champion. He is furthermore the son of World Champion Ekstern.
- the sire of Expressja TV, El Omari, is a son of US National Champion Enzo.
28th of May (Saturday)
El Paso St. – a handicap race for 4 year old and older Arabian horses (group I)
1. FARHA (Nougatin - Folia/Pers) – bred by M. Stelmaszczyk and owned by M. Stelmaszczyk & M. Wnorowski, trained by M. Wnorowski
2. LB NAJ (GB) (Sambist - WFA Naeema/Vert Olive)
3. WIERZBIN (Gorec - Wiatka/Pamir)
4. SUAHILI (Vasyli Kossack - Sajra/Harbin)
5. HORACY (Adwokat - Hikma/Touwayssan)
29th of May (Sunday)
Ofir St. (A cat.) – an international race for 4 year old and older Arabian horses
1. ARASH (Akim De Ducor - Almina/Furiat) – bred and owned by Z. Górski, trained by M. Janikowski
2. SZAKUR (Akbars - Sulima z Reguła/Etar)
3. ALLADYN (Von - Alba Longa/Ostragon)
4. USSAM DE CARRERE (FR) (Njewman - Assada El Baraka/Mad Oua)
5. MUFID (Akbars - Mukata Fata/KA Czubuthan)
More details and other Arabian race results can be found here:
The official site for the Janów Podlaski auction and National Show, which this year is held under a new name of Arabian Horse Gala, is finally available.
It includes a list of horses divided into the Pride of Poland and Summer Sale - unfortunately they are still lacking extended pedigrees and detailed information about the offered horses.
You can also find ticket and VIP prices.